Househusband,
Stay-at-home-dad

Thursday, January 04, 2007

In Which I Use the Phrase "Daily Constitutional" Thrice, and Enjoy It Thoroughly


After my daily constitutional [noun] this morning, I sat down at the computer to work on the weblog . . . (I made some joke about a daily constitutional to my mother-in-law [age not-disclosed … but she was born in the 1930's] the other day. She knew exactly what I meant.)

Anyway, today was my second day of daily exercise in a row.  Call it a tacit New Year's resolution, or just having a little time now that the holidays are over. I think calling it a "daily constitutional" will somehow motivate me. Of course, I think a lot of things.

I got up at 6:30am and took a walk. It was very nice. I underestimated, however, both our unusually mild winter and the capacity for brisk walking to heat up my body. 38oF may be warm for  dawn in January, but it's not warm.  I also followed the inspired plan of walking a scenic stretch along the lake where there are far fewer annoying trees and houses blocking the wind. Note to self: when walking outside in winter, wear a winter coat.

1 comment:

Joe Root said...

I am cheerful to discover this post Very helpful for me, as it contains parcel of data. I Always want to peruse The Quality and happy I discovered this thing in you post. Much oblig Malaysia SEO company